- Atal Incubation Centre, UN Global Compact Network India, and BIMTECH introduced GIIC 2020 event for the solutions to the problems of the COVID era and beyond.
- GIIC 2020 invites innovators who have a mid-stage innovative venture (not less than a year) that could create a sustainable impact.
The COVID-19 pandemic has worst affected the businesses and the way of living life. This change has not only led to the collapse of many existing industries but also has paved the way for several emerging ones.
Worst or better worst, The pandemic has also pushed us into rethinking or revisiting our ways to get back to the new normal life. Innovation and Sustainable development is the guiding light for humankind that will provide support, guidance, and sustainability to this new future.
Looking to this, Atal Incubation Centre (BIMTECH) and UN Global Compact Network India along with the Birla Institute of Management Technology introduced a new platform ‘Global Impact Innovation Challenge (GIIC) 2020’ for finding the solutions to the problems that occurred during the COVID-19 pandemic and beyond.
The platform invites young and emerging innovators who have a ready-to-market idea, or an existing venture (to be less than 3 years), that would help in getting solutions and creating sustainable development impact in various sectors.
Also, It is required for innovators to demonstrate the innovation that can create a significant impact through results or proof of concept.
GIIC 2020 is going to be a completely virtual event where innovators will get innovators can demonstrate their innovation to solve problems that occurred due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The challenge is expected to be graced by dignitaries from the Department of Science & Technology, NITI Aayog’s Atal Innovation Mission (AIM), also by the partners like- Startup India, Invest India, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Block space, F6S, Wadhwani Foundation, GivFunds, Indian Angel Network, Keiretsu Forum Delhi – NCR, Kolkata Ventures, PayUMoney, PIOCCI, 100X VC, Startup Buddy, Msg91, Windrose Capital, Zoho, etc.
The Atal Incubation Centre (BIMTECH) (AIC-BIMTECH) is a kind academia-industry partnership, made by Atal Innovation Mission, Niti Aayog (Government Think Tank Agency).
Focused Sustainable Development Growth Sectors (SDGs)
- Climate Action
- Good Health & Well-Being
- Quality Education
- Reduced Inequalities
Eligibility Criteria (GIIC 2020)
To be eligible to apply and participate in the virtual event, all teams and its members must meet the following criteria:
- There is no restriction on the age or background of applicants.
- The team can be represented in the competition by a maximum of two members.
- If the submission is a venture, the venture must not have been in existence for more than 3 years.
- Any submission must have a prototype/pilot.
- The entries received will be recognized by the “name” of the venture/idea.
- The applicants may or may not be Indian Nationals; however, the venture should be aimed at creating an impact in India, with global possibilities.
Judging Criteria (GIIC 2020)
GIIC 2020 event judges will review and evaluate the Impact Proposals of all the teams using the following criteria:
- The Business model
- Innovation and uniqueness are offered by the business model
- Clarity of the business model
- Financial feasibility of the business model
- Scalability of the business model
- Feasibility of implementation plan
- Clarity of vision, social, and financial objectives
- Quality of the management team
GIIC 2020 Rewards & Prizes
- Cash Grants: First Prize – INR 15,00,000, Second Prize – INR 12,00,000, Third Prize – INR 8,00,000
- Incubation: All the finalists will be directly offered incubation at Atal Incubation Centre- BIMTECH (Gurukul Program)
- Supports: All the finalists will be extended the support services worth INR 8.56 Cr, which Atal Incubation Centre- BIMTECH provides, to its incubatees like,
- Free credits for Digital Ocean, Amazon Web Services, Superb Services Cloud, and Zoho One
- F6S: Alpha Card of the total price value of USD 1,000,000
- PayU: Free transaction credits
- MSG91: Free 50,000 SMS per month for 6 months
- Solidworks: Free license for a year
- Networking Opportunity: All shortlisted teams for the semi-finals and finals will have an opportunity to connect with the extended network of the hosts and participating stakeholders to find synergies for maximizing their impact outreach.
Some Important Details about GIIC 2020*
- Three Stage Challenge: Proposal Round, Semi-Final, and Final
- Last Date of submission for Proposal Round: 30 October 2020
- Result of Proposal Round: 07 November 2020
- Result of Semi-Finals: 21 November 2020
- Finale: 11 December 2020
Registration Link For GIIC 2020 Event
Starting Of Global Impact Innovation Challenge (GIIC 2020)
Atal Incubation Centre- BIMTECH hosted an international innovation challenge in the fond memory of Late Shri B.K Birla Ji in 2019-20, by the name of B.K Birla Global Innovation Challenge 2020 (BGIC 2020).
The event has attracted more than 860 innovations across 5 countries. The current event was partnered with UN Global Compact Network India, which sowed the seeds of a partnership that would foster in the coming time.