" "

Chennai's IT firm Kissflow, which gifted BMW cars to senior employees, lays off 45-50 employees

Jaya Vishwakarma
Updated On
New Update
Kissflow layoffs

Kissflow layoffs

Chennai-based bootstrapped IT firm Kissflow has laid off 15% of its workforce, approximately 45-50 employees, across functions such as sales, marketing, and product development.

Confirming the layoffs, the company's founder and CEO, Suresh Sambandam, said, “We let go of around 20-25 people because we moved away from land-motion procurement to expand motion. This was done to increase customer acquisition across our products. Additionally, we conduct performance reviews every two to three years, and around 20 people were let go due to this."

The layoffs affected employees in India, the US, and the UAE, though the count in the US and UAE was below five.

Kissflow claimed that around 90% of the laid-off employees have already been placed in other companies, while the remaining 10% will be placed soon. Prior to the layoffs, Kissflow had 400 employees 

Founded in 2012, Kissflow offers cloud-based no-code and low-code work management products. According to its website, The firm, which has offices in Chennai, the US, and Dubai, has over 10,000 customers across 160 countries.

Notably, in 2022, Kissflow gifted brand new 5 Series BMW cars worth Rs 1 crore each to its five senior executives to recognize their long association with the company.