" "

India's Nodwin Gaming acquiring Germany-based Freaks 4U Gaming for Rs 271 crore

Sumit Vishwakarma
New Update
Nodwin freaksu

Nodwin Gaming, an esports subsidiary of Mumbai-based Nazara Technologies, has signed definitive agreements to acquire a 100% stake in Freaks 4U Gaming, a Berlin-based gaming and esports agency. 

The deal is valued at Rs 271 crore (€30.3 million) and will be executed through a share swap.

The deal move will see Nodwin Gaming's Singapore subsidiary initially increase its stake in Freaks 4U Gaming from 13.51% to 57%, with plans to acquire the remaining 43% at a later date. 

The acquisition aims to enhance Nodwin Gaming's capabilities in PC gaming and games publishing support services.


Acquisition to bolster capabilities, revenue growth

The acquisition is expected to significantly bolster Nodwin Gaming's capabilities and contribute to its future revenues.

Nodwin Gaming has been working with Freaks 4U Gaming since acquiring a minority stake in January 2024, collaborating on projects such as the PUBG Mobile Global Open and the Esports World Cup (EWC).

By integrating Freaks 4U Gaming’s expertise and resources, Nodwin Gaming aims to deliver unparalleled services and expand its global footprint in the gaming and esports industries.

Akshat Rathee, co-founder of Nodwin Gaming, said, “This acquisition is a pivotal step in our global growth strategy.”

Founders selling their stakes

The founders of Freaks 4U Gaming, Michael Haenisch, Matthias Remmert, and Jens Enders, will sell their stakes as part of the deal.

Existing investors of Freaks 4U Gaming, such as Co-Investor Partners, will become shareholders of Nodwin Gaming’s Singapore subsidiary, Nodwin Gaming International Pte. Ltd.

What does Freaks 4U do?

Freaks 4U Gaming, founded in 2011 and headquartered in Berlin, is a global full-service agency specializing in esports and gaming.

The firm offers strategic brand and marketing consultancy, social media and community management, event management, and creative services.

Investing $100 million towards M&A

Nodwin Gaming reported revenues of Rs 427.1 crore in the financial year 2023, up 10% from Rs 388.7 crore in FY22.

Freaks 4U Gaming had reported revenues of Rs 223 crore (€26.9 million) in 2023. 

The acquisition is expected to further boost Nodwin Gaming's revenues and enhance its market position.

Notably, Nazara Technologies has also planned to invest $100 million towards mergers and acquisitions over the next 24 months.

Nodwin Gaming's recent acquisition

Nodwin Gaming has been actively expanding its portfolio through a series of acquisitions and investments. In January, it acquired Comic Con India for Rs 55 crore to enhance its events portfolio.

In February, it expanded its presence in the UAE and Turkey by acquiring Ninja Global FZCO.

In October 2023, Nodwin Gaming's Singapore unit acquired a 100% stake in game marketing agency Publishme for $2 million. 

Other notable acquisitions include a 51% stake in Singapore-based live events firm Branded and the gaming IP businesses of OML Entertainment.